The Otto G. Richter Library houses three distinctive collections departments :
- The Cuban Heritage Collection Dept., located on the Richter 2nd Fl in the Roberto C. Goizueta Pavillion
- The Special Collections Dept., located in the Kislak Center
- The University Archives Dept., located in the Kislak Center
The Kislak Center Reading Room will be closed through 2020.
The Cuban Heritage Collection [CHC] Reading Room will serve as the sole Distinctive Collections Reading Room for the University of Miami Libraries for the Fall semester 2020.
- Fall 2020 Reading Room access is by appointment only and restricted to UM Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Reading Room Appointments must be made at least 7 days in advance along with a materials request made via the Aeon request form/account
- Please reserve your Reading Room appointment according to the following collection service schedule:
- Cuban Heritage Collections (CHC): Mondays & Tuesdays
- Special Collections (SC): Thursdays & Fridays
- University Archives (UA): Thursdays & Fridays
NOTE: If you are a researcher not affiliated with the University of Miami, please contact the appropriate Distinctive Collections Dept. for reference/research assistance options.
- Cuban Heritage Collection: email@example.com
- Special Collections: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Archives: email@example.com